Tuesday, April 17, 2007
24th Weeks / Pregnancy weight / Fetal Growth Chart
i've gained a total of 6kg as of today at 24 weeks of pregnancy. I'm so worried if I gain as much as I did during my first pregnancy.. that is 22kg.

I was so @#&^%$ big!! at that time. Some thought that I was carying twins! :(

so for now, I'm trying my very best to control my diet. (yeah right!) and till today, everythings looks okay.

other update:

at 24 weeks, I still havent see my gynae yet. My gynae's mum passed away last Monday. Alfatihah to her mum. She's back to work today. I hope to see her today.

Baby is so active. last week, he was active in the evening. But this week, he'd change to a morning person.. he'd start kicking at around 9am. then rest for a while .. till I have my lunch. then start kicking againg.. till the evening. He's slow down towards night time..

Some still didnt notice me being pregnant. (why???).. i tot my tummy is already big enuf? ergh..
something worth sharing.
Pregnancy weight:
7.5 pounds/3.40kg - average baby's weight
7.0 pounds/3.18kg - extra stored nutrients like fat, protein, etc.
4.0 pounds/1.81kg - extra blood
4.0 pounds/1.81kg - extra body fluids
2.0 pounds/0.9kg - amniotic fluid surrounding the baby
2.0 pounds/0.9kg - breast enlargement
2.0 pounds/0.9kg - enlargement of uterus
1.5 pounds/0.68kg - placenta
total: 30pounds/13.60kg

When Should Weight Gain Occur During Pregnancy?
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) advises that Moms-to-be should gain 2-4 pounds in the first three months of their pregnancy and then 3-4 pounds per month for the remaining six months. A total weight gain of about 25 to 30 pounds, with most weight being gained in the last trimester.

fetal growth chart: click here.

Labels: , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home