Thursday, April 05, 2007
Jacuzzi anyone?
I said to hubby yesterday, my body is aching all over.. I wish I am in a jacuzzi.. ahhh ..
then hubby said, why not.. He'll pay for it (spa/jacuzzi/wateva)..

but then, make sure that its safe ..

so today, .. I did some research, and here are my findings.. :(

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Can I use the Jacuzzi?
Regulating your body temperature is important during pregnancy. Studies suggest that increasing your temperature above 38.9C (102 F) for more than ten minutes in the first seven weeks of pregnancy can increase the risk of miscarriage or some neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Avoid overheating during the first trimester of pregnancy, and only use Jacuzzis occasionally and for short periods of time (less than ten minutes) for the rest of your pregnancy.

4. Keep cool Don’t get overheated, especially in the first 3 months. Drink plenty of fluids before and during exercise, wear layers of "breathable" clothing, don't exercise in hot weather, and don't use a jacuzzi or sauna.

http://www.ezhottubs.com/news/hottubs_pregnancy.htm
Hot tubs appear to pose special risks because they raise the body temperature of the mother without giving her body the chance to perspire into the air, he says. For that reason, saunas and steam baths may be less risky for the fetus because the mother can still sweat into the air, he adds.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

looks like ... no jacuzzi for me :(

wish I could go here

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home